Pages

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Circus is coming to town!

Yesterday evening, I was trying to start with creating a new character. While I was brainstorming about this, I came up with the classic strongman from the circus. From this point I started to think about what story I wanted to tell. What followed were a couple off wips. One wip contained a simple setting and I thought it could be a good location for my character. So I started to develop this location in a bigger wip with out the character(s)... Normally I focus on characters, but I thought it would be interesting if I focussed on the background/location this time. I still got to learn a lot about this, because I never do this... but this makes it even more fun to do :-)

The first wip you see is on paper (just to start). Here i started with focussing on the background.



The second one is in progress (photoshop) because i just started. I'm working on the composition and the story. What elements do I need to make it credible? A lot of things will be added and changed (the locotion has to tell a story without a character in it).



Later on a character will follow, but after i finish this background!
So Jeremy stop writing and start drawing... you got a lot to do!

1 comment:

  1. I was looking through your blog and this really caught my eye - It has that same atmosphere as "Carnivale", the TV Show. I think one of my favourite things about Carnivale was the colour tone running through it and the era in which the story was set.

    ReplyDelete