Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

Dob & Mike

Hi,

A few weeks ago my colleague Dirk van Dulmen brought a cool 3d clay model to work.
Inspired by his work, I decided to buy some clay.

I haven't clayed yet, but i started with some sketching. A few ballpoint pen wips and one colored wip to get things going. I'm intending to create 2 small clay models and paint them.

Here are my first wips of the two characters:
 Dob & Mike


















Looking forward to this project. I think it will be a lot of fun! First i'll keep working on the wips to create the two characters. Got to keep in mind that the shapes are clear and that there are not too much small details in it (it would be hard to shape it in clay). The last time i had a piece off clay in my hand was maybe 20 years ago on school, so that says enough. So wish me luck!

1 comment: