Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

The kids of Shady Lane

I just came back from a 5 day vacation. I left my laptop at home so I would be released from the "EVIL" internet for 5 days. But I brought my sketchbook along. I didn't sketch much but during these five days I came up with a new idea and made some wips to get myself motivated... Meanwhile the story is growing in my head and I'm trying to get it on paper (and it's not going fast :-(.

The story is taking place in the 50's is about a bunch of kids who all live in the same street called "Shady Lane Ave". 

At this moment i'm working on the characters. Who they are and how they will look. How are they related to each other, what is there individual story and what's their place/meaning in Shady Lane? Things are constantly changing, so nothing is final. But i'm trying to give more body to the characters by adding more personal stuff. Thinking about the characters all day and every time I come up with something good I write it down, so I can use it later on. Step by step Shady Lane will come to live!

So here is a first quick peak of "The kids of Shady Lane"... but keep in mind... ANYTHING CAN STILL CHANGE! The style isn't picked yet, it's just a simple impression wip to start with...

1 comment:

  1. the kids of shady lane! it has a very nive ring to it!

    ReplyDelete